We had a nice visit to Pittsburgh. We took a small tour around the city and went to a lookout point where we could overlook the city. It is a pretty city with beautiful bridges and older and newer skyscrapers.
We are enjoying our ward. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. One Sunday night we went to a ice cream social. Labor day we went to a ward brunch. It seems like we will have an enjoyable time with our ward family out here.
We received callings in our ward. I was called to nursery and Troy was called to be second counselor in young men organization. Part of his calling is being assistant scout master. When he received the call he beamed the rest of the day with excitement. He has already been on a camp out, where he got to shoot some guns with (not at) the boys.
Troy is enjoying school so far. It hasn't gotten to intense yet so I still get to see him quite a bit, which is nice. We went to a barbecue held for his department. It was nice for me to be able to meet some people that he will be working with everyday.
I have gotten a job offer at an assisted living place. So I am going through the motions of taking this job. However I also had an interview with the hospital this week. I am hoping to get this job. It would be a great experience, one that would be next to impossible to have in Utah.
Jadon has been changing and growing a lot since we have been here. He is rolling all over the place, especially in his crib. He also lifts his head a lot. Lately he will sit in his bouncer seats and lean forward to play with the hanging toys. He really enjoys his exersaucer and any other toys that are placed in front of him, especially if he can get them into his mouth. He has been babbling a lot. I think he will be a big talker, we shall see.

No comments:
Post a Comment